It is a standard way to assign freight charges or handling charges levied on item/product on sale under the name “item charges”.
The item charge is entered or imported in the sales lines of a sales order document when the sales order has been purchased on a website with proper shipping method.
The following steps describe how to assign item charges from a sales order document. [Note: the same steps can be followed from other sales documents as well]
To assign an item charge to a sales document
- Go to Departments > Sales & Marketing > Order Processing;
- Then select “Sales Order” from right pane
- Now open the sales order in which you have freight charges:
- Select the sales line showing the item charge as shown in the image below:
- Go to the line FastTab and now choose actions as shown in the image below:
- Now choose line and then the item charge assignment.
- The item charge assignment(sales):
- Now there are mainly three ways to assign item charges to items in the order.
8.1. By manually entering the quantities in the Qty. to assign column as show in below image:
8.2. Second way is to go to actions tab on top Left and choose suggest item charge assignment and then select amount and click ok.
8.3 Third way is to go to actions tab on top left and choose suggest item charge assignment and then select equally and click ok.
The item charge assignments are suggestions based on one or two principles as described in the following table.
|Equally||Assign the item charge equally to all assignment lines in the assignment window|
|Amount||Assign the item charge depending on the contents of the line amount fields in each of the original lines.|
Once you are done with the assignment of item charges, you may simply return back to main sales order document window and try posting the shipment or invoice as the assignment is done by creating a value entry for the item charge and linking it to an item ledger entry corresponding to the assignment line.