How was 2015 for MS Dynamics NAV ERP ?
Let us go through the important news, developments, events and updates that happened around MS Dynamics NAV ERP system in the year 2015.
- In October 2015 Microsoft has announced the general availability of Dynamics NAV 2016, an ERP targeted towards SMEs (Small and Medium Sized Businesses). Dynamics NAV 2016 includes tighter integration with Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform, Dynamics CRM and Office 365.
- New capabilities of Dynamics NAV 2016 includes the ability to work through Smartphones and tablets using iOS and Android as OS which will enhance the capability of effective document management and workflows remotely.
- Microsoft’s Power BI visual analytics software has been added to the ERP to enable users to get data driven insights on how their business is performing from a back office operations perspective.
- Closer integration with Dynamics CRM helps businesses to streamline their Order to Cash business processes and NAV 2016 can now be deployed on the Azure SQL Database, Microsoft’s cloud-powered database-as-a-service offering that provides access to a flexible platform to underpin an ERP setup.
- Electronic Invoicing components and OCR which enables third parties to add in their own data sources (for example, exchange rate lookup).
- Functional improvements includes Posting Preview, Deferrals and Positive Pay (for US).
- NAV 2016 is not only limited to Azure Cloud, rather can be used with any other cloud based services as well.
License Price Remodeling
Microsoft announced in late October 2015 that it is realigning license prices for Dynamics NAV, GP and AX user prices across versions and licensing models effecting from January 1, 2016. This possibly will increase additional user licenses costs this year in 2016.
September 29, 2015
Click here for: Dynamic NAV & Magento Integration Benefits
This change will not impact the enhancement plan cost of users if you have licensed prior to January 1, 2016, subject to the Customer Services and Support Plan Policy.
NAV Next + 1
In a 2014 roadmap it has been shown that NAV Next will come after NAV 2015 in 2015. NAV 2016 is announced in 2015. Our best guess is NAV 2016 will be properly shaped in this year 2016 with scheduled upgrades to the customer bases.
NAV Next + 1 is scheduled to be released in 2016 according to that roadmap. So any new version planned for this year? Well no updates so far.
NAV 2015 new features over NAV 2013 R2
NAV 2015 has widely gets in place last year. Let’s quickly see some improved features of NAV 2015 in comparison with NAV 2013 R2.
- Rapidstart – Partner tool to quickly upgrade and implement NAV ERP system
- New effective Cash Management features in NAV 2015
- New and enhanced reporting capabilities through Power BI
- Social Listening Module Capabilities in NAV
October 14-16 2015
Unofficial figures show 725 attendees in the event, with over 130 Speakers presenting 185 sessions, over 3 days. Over 160 Exhibitors participated in the event.
NAVUG 2015 session materials can be found in this link