The prerequisites for installing any version of SAP B1 is that we require a database where the data will get stored, i.e. SQL server.
SAP B1 9.1 PL5 can be installed in 2 architectural forms :
- Standalone architecture
- Client-server architecture
Now let me give an introduction about the two architectural forms.
In Standalone architecture, The SQL server i.e., the database server, license server, SAP server, SAP client are installed in the same system.
In Client-server architecture, SQL server, license server, SAP server, SAP client are installed in the one system which will act as the server and SAP client is installed in another system which will act as client.
Here are the steps of how to install SAP B1 9.1 PL 5:
Note: Here we will only learn how to install SAP server tools, SAP server and SAP client. The SQL server installation will be discussed in some other note.
So we will proceed step by step, first by installing the Server Tools, then SAP Server and SAP Client.
- We can start installing SAPB1 9.1 PL5 either clicking AutoRun icon (run as administrator)
Else we can click the Packages folder and do the installation of each component individually by opening the respective folders. However, I am proceeding further with the installation by clicking the autorun icon.
SAP Server Tools Installation
- Once we click on Autorun (run as administrator), we will get the following window.
- Select Custom -> Server Tools. Click Install. Then we will get the following screen.
Click on Install.
- Installation of prerequisites begins.
- Then the following screen appears. Click Next.
- After clicking next, the following windows will appear. Here we need to select Custom, and then click Next
- The screen appears as follows. Click Next.
- Select the options as shown in the screen below. Click Next.
- Then the following screen will appear wherein we need to put the B1Site user password. Click Next.
- Then the following screen comes. Leave it as it is and Click Next.
- After clicking Next, we will get the following screen, wherein we have to select SQL server authentication using the sa credentials and then click Next.
- The installation of SAP license server begins.
- Click Finish.
Now before proceeding any further with the rest of the installation, we need to import license in the License Manager.
To do so, open Service Manager, the following window will open.
Copy the Server Name, then click on settings, we will get the following screen.
Then in place of License server name, write down the server name or else we can paste the server name that we have copied in the previous step , then click on Set. We will get the following.
Click Ok, then click on Connect. Then browse the license file and click on Import License File. We will be getting a message regarding installation successful. Now click, Connect. The blank boxes will be filled up automatically. Click Ok.
Stop and then Start the license server. Click Ok.
Now we will proceed further with the SAP server installation.
SAP Server Installation
Once we select the checkbox beside SAP Business One server and click Install, the following screen appears. Click Next.
Here , we need to fill in the customer information and click Next.
The screen appears. Leave it as it is and click Next.
We need to select the server type from the drop down and click Next.
In this screen we need to type in the Database user ID and password. Click Next.
The following screen appears. Click Next.
The installation of SAP server starts.
The creation of Demo Database going on.
The SAP server installation completes. Nothing else to do, just click Finish.
Now we will proceed with the installation of SAP client.
Click on Previous and select Client. Click Next.
The following screen appears. Click Next.
Note: Since we are installing both 32-bit and 64-bit client, 32-bit client will get installed first then in the same way 64-bit client will get installed.
In the next screen, we need to fill in the customer information. Click Next.
Then it shows the destination folder, if we want we can change it. It’s better to keep it as it is. Then click Next.
The next screen appears like this. Click Next.
In the next screen we need to map the License Server. Then click Next.
That’s it folks, finally the journey of installing SAP B1 9.1 PL5 ends here.
You may also like it.