APPSeCONNECT Q3 Release (9th May 2015 – 31st July 2015)
Product Release version: 2.3.0
The APPSeCONNECT Q3 release mainly focusses on providing a number of new features which our users thought to be useful and also takes care of your incoming feedbacks on the product. We are very thankful for your feedback on the previous releases and would also encourage to give further feedback on our product cycle roadmaps.
Let’s take a quick pick on some of the cool features which we introduced during the period:
Agent/APPSeCONNECT Sync tool
- Improved logs on process execution. With this release, we give you option to filter, search and sort Logs through our APPSeCONNECT UI such that you can easily find your desired problem. Improved user experience and better navigation on the UI is additional enhancement. For details, refer log enhancement in agent.
- Email notification option in agent which will give you detailed report every day through APPSeCONNECT. The report will give you detailed insights on what we synced throughout the day and also give notification about the problems we faced which might need your support to fix data. For more information, refer Detailed email notification.
- Scheduling option to define recurrance of touchpoint execution. Even though the default schedule is always 5 minutes interval, the current Agent will allow you to set schedule of your touch point at your own scheduled interval and also allow you to define the start and end. Once the tasks are scheduled, it will maintain the rule you have set for that task and invoke the process accordingly. For more information, refer Task scheduling.
- Protection of on-premise data to cloud. As we give you hybrid solution to connect between your apps, it is our rule to keep all your transnational data in your own premises only. But we also want to give you option to protect yourself from your system failures. For instance, say you have hardware failure in your server or you have corrupted your installation. With the new release, you will be protected with this failures. We will occasionally keep APPSeCONNECT data in cloud such that when you have failure or have changed your server, you can get the transactional data quickly and easily.
- It follows the standard windows storage techniques. We already know that we save everything in Program files from our inception, but we believe the best process to store data is just following Microsoft’s protocol. In this version we moved the transnational as well as the master data in folders defined appropriate to the Windows standards. This will ensure you to work with APPSeCONNECT without giving additional privileges to the executable. We also improved the way we store data moving some part of our transnational data in database while keeping others in flat files.
- We also improved the compatibility checks on how your project is deployed in agents you install. We will give you the correct compatible adapters always from our cloud such that you never fall into incompatible adapters at any point of time.
- Full support for all HTTP Verbs. For real time touch points, we now support REST protocol and added full support to all HTTP verbs and you can use them configured from the apps it integrates. For more information refer How to define Http Verbs for realtime touchpoints.
- Furthermore, we also enhanced the change notifications we give to your premises with additional bug fixes.
- Organization specific touchpoints. As an APPSeCONNECT implementer, you are provided with an option to create touchpoints specific to a particular organization. Some of our APPSeCONNECT users wanted to sync data which are not commonly required by others. APPSeCONNECT now supports additional touchpoints specific to an organization with their own entities and even their own workflows.
- Support for Organization specific entities. As an administrator for APPSeCONNECT you might have already used our preferred feature to create Organization specific touchpoints. This feature is further enhanced to ensure local variables are also organization specific and no variable which is used for an organization will be reflected in our templates.
- Allowing Value Mapping in base templates. It is a recurring task for an implementer to add value mapping to all the processes that a customer needs. But some of the value mapping are so common that every user add them to use our product. We identified the problem and provided you an option to set default value mapping in base such that when the Connection is created, the Value mapping will automatically be copied to the Touchpoints.
- Support for multiple duplicate check condition. Duplicate check on Touchpoint logic ensures the touchpoint to execute some methods which identifies whether the selected data is already present on the destination application. Even though you could have selected a method and put all the logic to determine the distinct data through duplicate check filters before, but now we provide you an option to execute multiple conditions on duplicate check through configuration itself.
- Enhanced publish experience. We consider our publish is slow and we allow users to do redundant script publish even when it is not required. In this release, we have made our publish operation smarter, such that it will only publish a process when it is really required thereby ensuring publish slots are mostly free.
- Segregation of data for implementer. For an implementer, we no longer show unnecessary projects, we will now filter the organizations which are assigned to an implementer. This will also remove the risk of tampering someone else’s organization.
- Enhanced filters on projects. We have enhanced our Organization and other related pages to support enhanced search functionalities. You can filter organizations or even sort them and find appropriate projects easily.
- Support for Workflows in Real-time Touchpoints. For real-time touchpoints, we now support workflow execution. So you can now execute additional tasks while your real-time touchpoint gets executed.
- Option to customize Workflows for an organization. Workflows are generally defined in base templates and when the process gets executed, the same workflow executes. After getting feedback from you, we have now given option to customize workflow per your own organization such that you can override the base workflow for your own custom one.
- Support for parameterized method invocation from filters. Implementer It is often required by a developer to pass parameter to a function while calling through Action filters. We have been supporting a function call, but we never thought of giving parameters to the function. With this release, we give you an option to pass any parameter during call to a function.
- Easy interface for managing user subscription. Extending a subscription or a trial has never been easy before. With this release, we give you a single click subscription extension for quick upgrades.
- For developers, we have now provided a documented sample with SDK through Nuget Package.
Even though we worked on a lot of APPSeCONNECT features, we have also worked on some major enhancements to the following on integration side.
- We have added resync support for Amazon, Ebay, Zencart and all other applications we support so that all the integrations can use the feature.
- Enhanced logging in adapters. With enhanced logging in all the adapters, you can now use the Agent feature and filter logs based on Severity, Time – frame and or priority.
- Special extension for Zencart. We have developed a new extension for Zencart to support additional APIs. This extension is given free with our integration so that you can enjoy seamless integration between Zencart and other applications.
- We have enhanced integration touchpoints for the following integrations :
- Navision ⇔ Shopify
- Navision ⇔ Prestashop
- Navision ⇔ Magento
- SAP B1 DIS ⇔ Amazon
- SAP B1 DIS ⇔ Zencart
- SAP B1 DIS ⇔ Prestashop
- SAP B1 DIS ⇔ Bigcommerce
- SAP B1 DIS ⇔ Ebay
- SAP B1 DIS ⇔ Shopify
- SAP B1 DIS ⇔ Magento
For entire list of all enhancements please refer to:
Product Release version: 3.3.0
APPSeCONNECT focusses on delivering more and more flexibility, power and ease to its users. We try to make our product more and more powerful and easier to use. We are one of the best integration platform in the market which delivers ready-made end to end business integration. We have improved the way our external developers, integration partners or even end customer work in the platform. With the latest enhancements, we have changed our platform way ahead providing our implementers a way to visualize the entire business at a go.
We are really happy to announce some of the latest enhancements that we have made in this release. The platform is totally revamped with new look and feel with more enhanced look and feel, enhanced color schemes etc.
What’s new for Administration
If you are an ISV or implementation partner, this release has a lot of things to offer for you.
- We have introduced Workflows, a new way of defining your business process. Workflow provides graphical view of your entire business and you can tweak / customize it very easily.
- Workflow now supports loops and powerful tooling to orchestrate the data flow from one application to another.
- You can split or merge data depending on the requirements of the application and to harness the power of integration.
- Chaining is yet supported, we are also free to separately create both parallel or sequential dependencies through workflows.
- New workflow can also engage touchpoints of different connections and hence enhances the reusability of the data and minimizing network usage.
- Workflow can be scheduled or even can be manually executed in agent and the same can be directly configured from our cloud portal as well.
- In spite of several changes made to workflows, we have also included some of the unique functionalities on our admin portal which will help you to easily implement projects. Some of them includes:
- Enhanced Organization dashboard.
- Option to add application and / or connection from admin.
- Option to change connection details, protocols etc.
- Defining workflow from dashboard.
- Enhanced Value mapping screens for admin.
- New action page with enhanced user experience.
- And many more…
What’s new in Agent (APPSeCONNECT Sync tool)
- To enhance the way our Agent talks to the applications, we made subtle changes to the tool such that it can execute huge volume of data in a loop.
- We have separated the activity execution for each touchpoint, such that they can execute in parallel, and hence deliver better throughput.
- We are constantly improving the way agent executes workflows. Initially, we have been executing individual touchpoints, then we introduced dependencies and now we come with Workflows. As an integration developer, you are now flexible to define your own workflow without any restriction and our agent tool can handle it properly.
What’s new in Cloud
- In APPSeCONNECT Cloud platform, we enhanced the look and feel with enhanced dashboard and other layout changes.
- As per requested by most of the user, we now support multiple versions of same application. That means, you can now, for instance, configure both Magento 1.x series and Magento 2 series in the same organization.
On integration side, we have added extended support for our new Generic NAV Extension. We improved the extension with new Remastered edition.
Here are some of the integrations we have worked on:
- We have introduced NAV and Magento Integration using Generic Extension
- Item Sync
- Customer Sync
- Product Sync
- Order Sync
- Websites download
- Customer Group
- We have also included integration of NAV Generic Extension with BigCommerce.
Our ISVs have also included new integration of Dynamics CRM which includes adapter development and connector development on our platform. Some of the integrations created by our ISV partners are:
- Dynamics CRM with WooCommerce integration
- Dynamics CRM with BigCommerce integration
- Dynamics CRM with Shopify integration
Being an early adopter of Magento 2 we wanted to give all the functionalities that we were offering with Magento 1.0. Hence we enhanced our APIs and Business to business extension of Magento further to support a number of new features. Here is a list of all features:
- Credit Limit Management from Magento 2 Admin portal.
- Did further enhancement to Sales Representatives Management APIs and screens.
- We have also modified Category Visibility management screens for B2B.
- We have added option to Contact Person Role management screens for administrators in B2B section.
- Other than that, we added Customer specific Tier and Special prices in our module
- And many more…
It is evident if you are an existing user of the product, we are getting more and more mature with new releases. In the new year release, with a number of new features and new offerings with APPSeCONNECT gives our user an edge to have more user friendly and versatile platform to work with and also gives more power to the end users thereby minimizing the runtime or data related errors during execution. With more visibility of the configurations in the platform and faster user interfaces, it is most likely that our customer will get better user experiences. As we continue to develop further, we are happy to allow you to use the latest release from today onwards.
Season greetings and a very happy new year 2017 to all of you.
For further information regarding our release please follow the link:
Yet spending hours
in doing the stuff that can be automated?
We have a complex system, and team APPSeCONNECT has been able to troubleshoot, and provide solutions for many customizations. In two years we have had almost no downtime. As far as support, team APPSeCONNECT has been fantastic with helping us with upgrades, site launches, and syncing new features
Our main goal was to establish automated integration between our Ecommerce site and our back-office ERP. APPSeCONNECT ticked most of the boxes to fulfill our requirement and helped us save huge amount of time and resources by eliminating the need to manually capture and update data. APPSeCONNECT has simplified our day to day processing and is capable and flexible enough to match most of our business needs in terms of system integration.