DTW or Data Transfer Workbench is one of the most popular content in the context of SAP Business One. Whenever we talk about ERP Usage in an organization, that organization must have some legacy system from which they would like to import their initial data; or might be they are introducing a new web portal and need to export data from ERP. This import and export of data seems easy to hear, but it’s incredibly complex and difficult if not done properly. Do something wrong and you might have to clean up few GB of junk data by yourself because those are critical business data for which you need to secure its handling.
The DTW supports the auto transfer of data into the SAP Business One system, this is designed specifically for internal and sometimes external transfers.
- Data Conversion using Legacy System Migration Workbench
- Batch Input
- BAPI Interface
- Data Loading Techniques
- Registration and Integration of your own Data Transfer/Help Programs
- Integration of standard data transfer programs
- SAP Structure Analysis Tool
- Administration and Organization of Data Transfer Projects
Essentially this is the pipeline for the system, the route between data and database systems.
When importing the source is very important. Often for Data Transfer Workbench most commonly used data source is MS Excel Documents. It should contain two rows at the top, a source row and a Target Row, with data beneath. To use such a kind of file structure within DTW, save it in .CSV Format so that it can be imported.
Import to SAP
- Open DTW and login into the company where you would like to import the data
- Once connected select “Import”, choose the data type as per the data you would like to import and click on “Next”
- Specify operation type, choose Business Object to import and click “Next”
- Choose the data source, this must be the .CSV file and continue. On the “Map Object Fields” page make sure source data and target data are proper mapped including the mapping rules
- Follow above mentioned steps until the end and click “import”. Upon completion you will get if any error occurred or if all is successful
- Now you can open SAP Business One and locate the newly imported data in corresponding forms
You may also like
If you are an eCommerce merchant and looking to complete commerce sales processing through your ERP or CRM, we have the right solution for you – APPSeCONNECT, world’s easiest solution to integrate your ERP, eCommerce and CRM and help you grow your business.