Company: Comfortel Furniture Pty Ltd
Industry: salon furniture & equipment
Headquarter: Melbourne, Australia
Website : www.comfortel.com.au/
Comfortel is a trendsetting salon- furniture and equipment manufacturer from Australia. They have been changing salon spaces with their visionary and creative designs across Australia and New Zealand since 1998. Comfortel offers inspiring designs in hairdressing furniture including salon chairs, wash lounges, barbers chairs, trolleys, stools and mirrors.
Comfortel had a well-designed ecommerce website built on Woocommerce platform. Salons across Australia and New Zealand purchase furniture and equipment from their store. But the orders were fulfilled from the back office system SAP Business One as the Delivery process was managed from the back end. SAP Business One was the central hub of all the information. Inventory and pricing of items were also defined and updated in SAP which needed to be reflected on the online store.
- Selling through an online website required a lot of information like item details, prices, inventory etc., which was defined and maintained in their SAP Business One.
- Transaction details of all orders originating in the Woocommerce store had to be made available in SAP for fulfillment.
- An intelligent integration solution was required which could sync customer details to SAP for Business Partner creation conditionally based on an approval in Woocommerce.
- Customers purchasing online were mostly other businesses(salons), so a Sales Representative had to be allocated in SAP based on their location/address. Solution
- APPSeCONNECT created a streamlined communication channel between the Woocommerce store and SAP Business One.
- Manual data entry into the two systems were no longer required.
- Item price changes, inventory updates, shipment details with tracking id were updated on the store from SAP.
- Customers were selectively synced to SAP after their approval from the back end of Woocommerce by the Admin.
- While Business Partner Master Data creation in SAP from Woocommerce, based on the State in the billing/shipping address a Sales Representative was assigned in SAP.
Why APPSeCONNECT ?
- Easy to use and great support team to guide you at every step.
- Fully automated sync process without any manual intervention.
- End to end mapping between e-commerce/marketplace and ERP business objects.
- Software scalability, e-commerce growth support and geographic expansion.
- Highly flexible solution capable of adapting to complex scenarios.
With integration between the SAP and the Woocommerce store, their ecommerce business has become streamlined. A lot of effort is being saved which was previously invested in manual entering of data into the two systems. Sales Representatives no longer need to be manually allocated for each customer.
We chose APPSeCONNECT because it was an ‘out of the box’ solution that had the features and functionality we needed. It saved us time and money as we were able to avoid many hours of custom development to integrate our ERP and Ecommerce systems together.
We mostly liked that the APPSeCONNECT agent is a self-managed with a nice UI. Meaning, we can log in to the agent at any time and see the different sync points and how they are performing as well as change system settings (stop the sync, change the frequency of syncing, etc.). A custom developed tool would likely not have provided this type of functionality and would have been more difficult to troubleshoot when syncing issues arise. The APPSeCONNECT agent is helpful as it shows error messages that allow you to troubleshoot any issues and resync data as needed.
APPSeCONNECT is a prebuilt tool, it still allows for much customization to fit our specific business needs. We have used both simple default syncing and complex syncing using custom query generation in our ERP system. This has kept costs low, but still allowed us to have the flexibility needed.
Marketing + Brand Manager