With APPSeCONNECT, Hernon achieved a zero business downtime and levaraged the power of a fully automated and integrated solution to ensure business growth.
As a worldwide innovator in high-performance adhesive sealants and precision dispensing equipment, Hernon Manufacturing creates custom adhesives for companies across the globe. Hernon Manufacturing provides solutions for a variety of industries including Energy and Power Generation, Medical, Electronics, Electrical, LED, Automotive, Appliances, Sporting Goods, Ammunition, Communications, Aerospace, Aviation, High Tech Audio, Defense, Fire Suppression, Transportation, Marine Manufacturing and more all with products proudly made in the United States. Hernon Manufacturing, Inc. is proud to export to over fifty nations world-wide and is an ISO-9001:2008, ITAR registered company whose products meet or exceed Mil-Specs.
With their growth, Hernon was in search of a CRM to make their sales team aware of the stock levels in SAP, generating Quotes and Orders in CRM and send them to SAP. With the double-digit company growth of Hernon Manufacturing, they opted for Salesforce CRM to integrate with SAP to enhance their growth. The sales rep had to create Orders and Quotes in Salesforce..
Key Challenges in Implementation
The following were the key challenges faced during the project implementation phases..
- Immense Business Impact: Each integration point had a tremendous impact on business and hence every customization had to unit tested, integration tested as well as tested for regression.
- Zero Business Downtime: The solution had to be implemented with no downtime during business hours.
- Legacy Data Migration: Years of historic data had to be uploaded from SAP so as to populate the information within Salesforce.
Integrating SAP Business One with Salesforce CRM via APPSeCONNECT
Hernon evaluated that Salesforce would be the ideal CRM platform for its sales. They executed a high-level assessment of needs, customized Salesforce to meet the organization-specific needs. Detailed role mapping was carried out and required privileges were granted to the users. Workflows and Process Builder were defined to make the process efficient. They leveraged APPSeCONNECT to integrate the platform with SAP.
Business Benefits attained by Hernon
By integrating the following aspects of SAP and Salesforce, the solution helped in the following aspects of the daily operation of the company.
- 360-degree view of the customer
The solution helped Hernon to get a complete view of the customer with Quotes, Orders and Invoices related information attached to the record.
- Faster Quote and Order generation
Sales reps were able to create Quote and Order in Salesforce and send them to SAP
- Stock level Commitments
With visibility to stock levels in the warehouse, the salesperson could give a more accurate commitment to new quotes.
- Better Collaboration
With enhanced sharing rule and proper record type customization, the application helped the entire sales team to collaborate in a much more efficient manner than ever before.
- Automation leading to savings
Due to automation within Salesforce as well as due to the integration solution, the manual effort was reduced extensively.
- Integrate business partner and Order data in a bi-directional manner.
- Fully automated sync in real-time.
- Improved efficiency in sales and inventory management.
- Improved customer service level.
- Streamlined business operations.
- Complete elimination of manual data entry and reduced data duplication.
- Integrate trade show inquiries as follows to the sales rep
- Integrate stock levels between the applications.
- Comprehensive features and functionalities.
- Deeper integration, scalable and customizable.
- Fully Automated Sync in Real-Time.
- A robust and easy-to-use platform.
- Software Scalability, support for eCommerce Growth
- Geographic expansion is facilitated.
- Improved efficiency in business processes.
- A boost in the productivity of employees.
- Quick implementation and an affordable solution.
Products and Services:
Adhesives, Sealants, Dispensing Equipment, Bonding, Impregnation, Potting, Retaining, Porosity Sealing, Thread Sealing, etc.