How to Start a Dropshipping Business with Shopify – Ultimate Guide
Understanding Dropshipping: A Small Overview
Dropshipping is an order fulfillment method where an eCommerce store doesn’t keep the products, it rather sells it in stock. When a store sells a product, it purchases the item from the supplier and has it shipped directly to the customer at a go.
The difference between dropshipping and the standard retail model is that the selling merchant doesn’t have to worry about managing stock and further fulfillment. Instead, the merchant purchases inventory as per the need, from the supplier.
How to Implement Dropshipping Business with Shopify
In order to implement dropshipping in your Shopify store, first, you need to understand the need for dropshipping in your business. Before implementing dropshipping you need to keep an eye on these points:
- Does your store really need dropshipping?
- Is your supplier that much reliable?
- Is your fulfillment service provider is good?
- Does your supplier provide you the item at a lower price than the other suppliers?
- How good is the product from your selected supplier than that of the other suppliers?
- How much faster they can make the required product available for your business?
- How reliable is your fulfillment service provider?
- What is the cost of fulfillment charges with respect to the other fulfillment service providers?
- How you are going to manage return?
- Are you keeping an eye on your competitors?
I’ve put together a list of the seven best Shopify dropshipping apps to get you started along with their pricing structure.
1. Oberlo ( Oberlo offers tiered pricing depending upon volume. You can start for free with up to 500 products and 50 orders per month)
2. Spocket ( Spocket offers tiered pricing depending upon the features you need. You can start with their free version which offers an unlimited number of orders, and add on features such as email, chat, and access to premium products. )
3. Modalyst ( Modalyst has only one plan for $35 per month. You can try Modalyst free with their 14-day free trial. )
4. Mxed ( Mxed offers tiered pricing depending upon volume. You can start for free with up to 10 products and 20 orders per month. )
5. AliExpress Dropshipping (AliExpress Dropshipping has subscription plans starting at $5 per month for up to 5,000 items and unlimited orders. You can try AliExpress free with their 7-day free trial. )
The collection of apps I listed above provides are great options to enhance your Shopify dropshipping business. But don’t stop at these five, there are hundreds more on the Shopify app store that you may find useful. The key is simplifying drop shipping operations and finding the best apps for your business.
There are various ways where dropshipping can be improved in Shopify development. As Shopify has already mentioned “As we initially warned, dropshipping isn’t a perfect, stress-free way to build a successful business. The model has some definite advantages but comes with a number of built-in complexities and problems you’ll need to be able to address.” We need to think before implementing it.
Now, you can easily connect your business applications to automate the critical process!
You may also like:
Configuring Cash Sales within SAP ERP – Everything You To Know!
10 Dropshipping Tips To Become a Successful Entrepreneur
9 Essential Things to Keep in Mind While Building a Shopify Store