Salesforce is one of the leading platforms that businesses use nowadays to scale up with efficiency in their ventures. As we all know, Salesforce is a highly customizable platform that allows its users to create applications that are needed and are useful in the business processes. It allows designers and developers to create mesmerizing front-end User Interfaces (UI) for a much coherent experience. The front-end development is generally done via Visualforce and the Lightning Component Framework in Salesforce and it proves to be of a great help since it customizes the required platform according to the needs of the business organization.
To help and educate people more about how they can customize their Salesforce platform using Visualforce and Lightning Component Framework, APPSeCONNECT recently organized a webinar on “Salesforce customization using Visualforce and Lightning Component Framework”. The webinar was scheduled on 21st February and the major agenda of it were:
- Introduction to Visualforce.
- Visualforce in Salesforce.
- Creating Visualforce Pages in Salesforce.
- Introduction to Visualforce syntax
- Displaying Salesforce data using Visualforce.
- Visualforce Component Library.
- Visualforce Controllers.
- Web Content in Visualforce.
- Displaying Visualforce pages in force.com platform
- Introduction to the Lightning Component Framework
- Lightning App Builder
The webinar was presented by Mr. Soumitra Chakraborty, a technical consultant of APPSeCONNECT. He specializes in the front-end development of enterprise applications and is a proactive blogger as well.
We would like to thank all the attendees who joined this amazing webinar. We hope it was useful. In case you have missed the webinar, you can check this Webinar Recap which we have recorded:
Webinar: Salesforce Customization using Visualforce and Lightning
Salesforce is one of the leading platforms that businesses use nowadays to scale up with efficiency in their ventures. We recently organized a Webinar on “Salesforce Customization using Visualforce and Lightning Component Framework”. Check out the Webinar Recap now!
Here are some of the Questions and Answers addressed during the webinar:
1. How can we display Image stored in Documents object on VF page?
Ans: Instead of storing the image within documents, it’s better to store them as static resources within salesforce. In case its used within documents, you can either refer it via absolute URL or via relative URL path
2. If the app that we would like to connect to Salesforce does not have an open API, is it possible to still have an integration?
Ans: Yes. It is still possible to have a seamless integration even it does not have an open API. There are four alternatives for data integrations in Salesforce:
- REST API
- SOAP API
- Heroku Connect
- Third-party integration vendors like APPSeCONNECT to Connect Salesforce with back-end ERP System.
Even if REST and SOAP API don’t work accordingly, solutions like APPSeCONNECT bridge that gap for an efficient data integration.
3. Can I create a Visualforce page or a form to add campaign member with status, that can lookup contact and campaign?
Ans: Yes, you can create using a custom controller
4. What are the possible ERP Systems that can be integrated using this and how much time and effort is needed?
Ans: You can integrate SAP ERP, SAP Business One, MS Dynamics Nav, Netsuite etc. It depends on the project but generally takes 15-20 days.
5. May I know the difference between expiry age and refresh age?
Ans: Expiry age sets an expiry date for when a cookie gets deleted whereas Refresh age is the age of the cookie before a bowser is refreshed.
6. I have a custom application in Salesforce classic. Will I need to build a component from scratch to move it to Lightning? If we have a Visualforce page, how easy is it to convert to lightning component?
Ans: You can easily embed a visualforce page in a lightning component and visualforce page will work fine in any lightning environment with some code changes.
7. How to get a free development environment in salesforce?
Ans: Go to https://developer.salesforce.com/ and click on Sign up. There you will be able to get a free development environment for Salesforce.
Here is the Webinar SlideShare for you:
APPSeCONNECT is a smart and robust business application integration platform that seamlessly connects all your business applications with Salesforce to streamline operations and facilitate the free-flow of data across the platforms. With moving in the region of iPaaS, APPSeCONNECT proves to be a best-in-the-class platform that easily connects systems and automates the business process.
Now, you can easily integrate Salesforce CRM with your back-end ERP System and remove manual errors through automation!