How to generate SAP Solution Manager Key for the installation process ?
SAP Solution Manager is an important application management tool mainly for end users to implement new developments and up-gradations in SAP ECC System.
Why is SAP solution manger required?
The major function of SAP solution manager is to ensure installation or up-gradation of SAP ECC for which SAP solution manger is required to generate a “SAP Solution Manager Key” during the installation process. Without this key installation cannot be continued further.
Benefits of using SAP Solution Manager for your SAP ERP system:
- By using SAP Solution Manager for SAP ECC System leads to much more efficient implementation and operations.
- Projects become more focused when it has up-to-date documentation all at one place at any point of time.
- The implementation content provides complete SAP Information that are required for implementing unified or cross-component business situations.
- You can also avail this information for your project by going through the pre-equipped implementation content which will help to start off the project.
Procedure for generating “SAP Solution Manager Key”:
- Login to SAP Solution Manager and Go to Transaction SMSY.
- Go to the Menu and click on “Landscape components” and then select “Product Systems”. A screen will appear like this.
- Now, right click on Product Systems and you will get a window named “Create New Product System”. A screen will appear as shown below.
- Here you need to enter all the details regarding your system. Firstly, enter the SID or System Identification Number and select product type from the drop down.
- Depending on the SAP system select the product type like SAP ECC, SAP CRM, etc. Also select the Product Version and Installation number from the drop down list.
- After entering the details click on “Create Product”.
- Once completed, click on save button. This will successfully create a new product system. A screen will appear like this.
- Now again go back SMSY Transaction and click on landscape component.
- Click on Select Object as shown below. It will take you to another window as shown below. Now click on the highlighted key icon.
- This will take you to the final window where you will be able to collect the key generated. A screen will appear like this.
- Provide the System ID and Number and then Message Server. Now click on “Generate Key” button. This will generate your installation/ upgrade key.
- A note of this key should be made which you got to enter while installation or up gradation.
This is how you can generate SAP Solution Manager Key.