With the advent of technology, every industry is adopting various software applications to streamline and automate its operations. A system to automate repetitive tasks within a company is mandatory for efficient business operation. Thus, Business Process Automation is not just a need but an inevitable necessity for a business to achieve success.
Business Process Automation is the process of using technology to automate time-consuming and recurring tasks within a business. The automation cuts down costs, increases efficiency, and streamlines the workflow. It helps organizations to improve their accountability, transparency, and accuracy when managing large amounts of data. The system allows organizations to provide the best possible service to their customers and helps professionals to spend more time developing business relationships and establishing themselves as a stronger brand in the industry. Introducing a BPA process to the company makes the operations efficient in the following manner.
Benefits of Employing Business Process Automation
- Reduces Man Hours: The primary reason for implementing a BPA is to cut down on manual labor hours. A proper process automation solution will drastically reduce the number of manual hours expended to reach the desired goal.
- Removes Error: Most errors found in data entry are usually due to human error. A simple typo can drastically alter the data. Automating such processes eliminates the possibility of such errors occurring.
- Workflow Stability: An established automation process makes sure that daily operations get carried out without a hitch. Having an automation solution that follows a rigid timeline ensures the stability of the workflow. It makes sure that every task that is automated gets carried out error-free at the right time.
- Consistent Customer Engagement: With a BPA, customers receive a consistent level of engagement. When a customer makes a call, the customer support team can pull all the relevant data from the database for ready reference. The automation saves the customer’s time and helps solve their issues effectively.
- Cuts Down Costs: Another way a BPA improves the business is by cutting down on costs and overhead. Automation of the work that previously required several employees to accomplish cuts down on the cost of hiring them. Automation also removes the costs associated with reprimanding errors caused due to human mistakes.
The advantages provided by a BPA are universal and, thus, any industry can benefit from its implementation. In the coming time, every business will need to automate its business processes. Institutions such as Healthcare and Transportation will also require automation, not only to stay competitive but also to meet the customer demands. The industries that have implemented Business Process Automation and have achieved success are as follows:
While the adoption of BPA in the healthcare industry isn’t widespread, those who have adopted it have observed great success. The sectors in the Healthcare industry that have benefited from BPA are as follows:
- Healthcare Cycle Improvement: Patients generate a vast amount of data that hospitals and healthcare providers need to track to provide optimal support. The BPA can help create an analytical report from the patient’s data to provide a better diagnosis.
- Automate Appointments: The automation tools can optimize the patient’s appointment schedule. With the entire timetable and database readily available to the system, the BPA can track the patient’s previous appointments, appointment priority, and doctor availability to optimize the appointment procedures.
- Streamline Mediclaim Procedure: Mediclaim procedures can be a very time-consuming procedure. With a process automation application, the user data is easily updated and managed across the entire process. It also removes errors and ensures the right person gets the claim.
Automation in the manufacturing industry involves using robotics and production management software for the manufacturing of physical products. The manufacturing industry is a complex network of managing order workflows, supply chain management, product distribution logistics, warehouse inventory management, and much more. With Business Process Automation, manufacturers can create a complete, centralized document management system, have in-system shipment and delivery notifications, create more informed work order processes to keep costs under control and have better inventory control.
Banking and Finance
Banking and Finance is one such industry that has to deal with a massive amount of customer data. From keep track of daily transactions to keeping track of interests for each customer, banks need to implement a degree of process automation to keep everything moving efficiently and accurately. The banking sector uses BPA to automate loan processing, credit transfer, budget management, etc.
Energy and Power
The energy and power sector faces some unique problems when it comes to business processes. The industry often must work with variables that are outside its immediate control. They need to manage widely dispersed enterprise assets, have robust geographic information systems, have tight industry oversight and regulations, and manage complex financing and billing procedures. With BPA, they can have a single repository for all utility and energy workflow documentation, a data storage system for the geographic information systems, automate regulatory compliance documentation and improve operational financing and accounting.
With the success of Business Process Automation in these sectors, many more industries are moving towards automation. With the COVID pandemic of 2020, the push for industry automation went forwards even more. Many companies and their IT teams had to evolve their workflow to adapt to the changing tides.
A global survey shows that around 66% of the industry has adopted automation for at least one business process. Gartner predicts that IT roles within businesses will continue to increase in value as digital business initiatives accelerate. A study showed that by 2025, Artificial Intelligence will become the top driving factor behind infrastructure decisions, resulting in rapid growth for computation requirements. Gartner conducted a study that suggests that40% of all enterprise workloads will be deployed in cloud infrastructure and platform services by 2023, up from 20% in 2020. With companies moving their workloads to the cloud in the future, cloud-based business process automation applications such as iPaaS will take the forefront in the industry.
An iPaaS or an Integration Platform as a Service is a Business Process Automation tool that integrates all business software applications to allow seamless bidirectional data transfer across all applications. Business Process Automation through an iPaaS solves many business-critical solutions such as:
- Streamlines business processes.
- Increases productivity within the company.
- Provides better monitoring of operations.
- Helps reduce errors due to human mistakes.
- Improves Decision Making and Rule Implementation
- Provides quick and reliable scaling due to cloud computing.
- Reduces costs and overheads.
- Removes the need for a technical expert for implementation.
At the end of the day, a BPA solution is there so that you don’t have to worry about the repetitive and time-consuming aspects of the business and instead focus on growing and expanding it. So, if you don’t already have a BPA solution in use, then it’s high time to start implementing.
APPSeCONNECT is an enterprise-grade integration platform that connects SaaS, on-premise applications, data and technologies under one single platform. It offers pre-built solutions (a set of ready-to-use ProcessFlow templates) for widely used areas of business integration processes and supports all major applications available in the market. Its hybrid architecture allows organizations to integrate cloud applications as well as on-premise systems and create custom business process integrations. Request a free trial today to kickstart business process automation with APPSeCONNECT.