How to Configure Webhooks in 3dCart
Webhook in a web application, by definition, is an “HTTP callback” to which 3rd party apps(listeners) can subscribe. By “HTTP Callback” it simply means the communication that happens via HTTP protocol.
Listener applications have an URL to which data is posted by the web application, whenever a certain event is raised in it. These events can range from simple database operations to complex business scenarios of the web application. Listeners simply listen to such data posting to the URL and can carry on their work with the posted data.
3DCart is one of the most efficient & affordable eCommerce solutions. It has always surprised us with it’s latest versions. 3dCart version 8.0 has a lot of new features which are useful. Here is everything you need to know about 3dCart Version 8.0!
3dCart allows its client to configure webhook for themselves, thereby facilitating their third-party apps to communicate with the clients operating in it. As I described above, Webhooks are applications events. 3dCart enlists the following events to which listeners can subscribe:
1. Customer New -> When new customers are created
2. Order New -> When new orders are created
3. Order Status Changed -> When existing order status change
4. Product Changed -> When existing order status change
5. Product Deleted -> When existing products are deleted
6. Product New -> When new products are created
7. Product Stock Changed -> When product stock changes
Configure a Webhook in 3dCart:
After logging into to you 3dCart admin portal-
1) Select “Modules”
2) In the Search tab search “WebHook”.
3) Select “Edit Webhooks” which will open the following section:
4) Click on “Create a Webhook” which will open the following section:
This is where the information for configuring the Webhook is given.
- Webhook Name -> Name for the Webhook
- Webhook URL -> HTTP URL of the subscriber
- Format -> Format of the data that will be posted
- Event -> 3DCart event for which the Webhook will post the data
- Enabled ->Webhook is enabled or not
You can test whether the URL given is working or not by clicking on the “Test” button
Once done, you can save the Webhook by clicking the “Save” button and there you go – you have successfully configured your own Webhook!
Now, you can easily connect your 3dCart store with the back-end ERP System and automate the business process!!