Top 15 Ecommerce Quotes from Successful Entrepreneurs
When it’s all about the evolution of e-Commerce industry in last 20 years and so on; It is just like digging a small pond so deep that it turns into a river!
The retail business has completely changed and jumps over the top of the industry niche due to the revolution of eCommerce. Thus, it’s proven to be a big threat to traditional malls as well. If the fact still looks unbelievable to the readers, here is an exciting example: “The first ever Amazon’s online book sale was shipped in 1995 by Jeff Bezos, but it never drew the consumers’ attention. But according to the data released few years ago by the U.S. Commerce Department, it indicates that Americans spent $304.91 billion online in 2014 alone.” This is not only called ‘EVOLUTION’, but ‘Real Change’.
We always talk about E-commerce businesses, it’s different patterns, modules, industry portfolio etc., but how many of us talk about a little motivation or inspiration that could boost the spirits of everyone in this industry.
Below are 15 highly thought-steering quotes and sayings for you:
- “Goal is to turn data into information and information into insights.” – Carly Fiorina, Former CEO of HP
- “You can’t just open a website and expect people to flood in. If you really want to succeed you have to create traffic.” – Joel Anderson, CEO, Walmart
- “In the beginning, e-commerce was really about getting commodity products online as cheaply as possible. Now, we’re moving into the more exciting phase of eCommerce, where it’s about emotional products – the things people really cherish.” – Jason Goldberg, Founder and CEO of com
- “The most fundamental reason for Jingdong Mall’s success is focus. Though many traditional retailers and suppliers use e-business, they tend to look at it as a complementary unit and not a main source of income. For us, e-business was everything, which led us to allocate resources differently.” – Liu Qiangdong, Founder JD.com
- Remember – Every “Mistake” a user makes is not because they’re stupid, but because your website sucks – Peep Laja, Founder of ConversionXL
- “By 2020, brick and mortar retail spaces will be little more than showrooms.” – Eddie Machaalani & Mitchell Harper, Co-CEOs of Bigcommerce
- “The sooner we drop the ‘e’ out of ‘e-commerce’ and just call it commerce, the better.” – Bob Willett, former President of Best Buy International and CIO of Best Buy
- “Customer service shouldn’t just be a department, it should be the entire company” – Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
- “When you say it, it’s marketing. When your customer says it, it’s social proof” – Andy Crestodina, Co-Founder / Strategic Director Orbit Media Studios
- “In eCommerce, your prices have to be better because the consumer has to take a leap of faith in your product.” – Ashton Kutcher
- “If you have a business website, make it stickier; redo the merchandising often and try new things until you hit the right homepage. Then try and beat that.” – Morris Hite, former chairman, president, and CEO of Tracy-Locke
- “You can’t wait for customers to come to you. You have to figure out where they are, go there and bring them back to your store.”- Paul Graham, Y COMBINATOR
- “Amazing things will happen when you listen to the consumer” – Jonathan Midenhall, CMO for Airbnb
- “You must be very patient, very persistent. The world isn’t going to shower gold coins on you just because you have a good idea. You’re going to have to work like crazy to bring that idea to the attention of people. They’re not going to buy it unless they know about it.” – Herb Kelleher, Founder of Southwest Airlines
- “Data data data, I can’t make bricks without clay.” – Sir Arthur Canon Doyle
If you are looking to automate your business processes and save loads of time and effort which is spent in manually feeding data between your applications, we have the right solution for you – APPSeCONNECT, a smart solution to integrate your ERP, eCommerce, Marketplace, CRM, POS and other business applications and help you increase your productivity.