Why SaaS business model is important ?
Delivery of a software is as important as building or using a software. Software from its very inception is delivered in various ways.
- Physical delivery: In this approach the software built by software vendors and delivered physically to the customer premise. Even though these kind of software delivery still exists, yet it gives lower satisfaction, higher cost and also customer need to dealt with complexity on implementation. In case of physical delivery, the software is delivered in forms of a Compact disk / dvds etc. The Physical delivery approach cannot be used when dealing with complex enterprise applications, if so, the customer need to keep a team of dedicated people
- Physical delivery plus Implementation: In this approach, the software is delivered only by a special representative and the system is getting implemented specially for the software to execute. In this case, even though the most of the complexity is dealt by the representative of the software vendor, yet the installation requires both time and money.
- Online delivery: In case of online delivery, the software is available in Cloud and can be downloaded just by buying its license. Even though it is not a good approach for a complex application, but it is the most primary means of delivery which software vendors use to deliver their software because of its portability and download on request basis.
In spite of these kind of delivery models, all of these suffers with one or other limitations, here is few limitations which lets people think of a complete different approach on software delivery.
- What if I want to get notified for continuous updates without bearing exponential IT infrastructure costs?
- What if I can’t pay the whole one – time payment at a time and I want to pay as I go?
- What if I want to have one eye on the platform continuously delivering support?
- What if I want to scale the application at later stage without taking hustle of installing in other machines myself?
- What if my application is too complex to be handled by a normal IT support guy and I want to have an expert?
- What if I don’t have expertise on the domain on which the software solves a problem?
- And so on…
Well, these are some of the points which as a software consumer often think without finding a solution. SaaS is a solution to it.
What is SAAS?
Software as a Service is a software delivery model where a complex or large application is provided as a service over internet such that customer can simply access it without installing any additional components. In case of SaaS, software is hosted by the vendor over internet and one can subscribe / unsubscribe anytime and software is delivered in pay as you go model.
Like many other solutions, APPSeCONNECT (as example) supports SaaS (Software as a Service) approach of software delivery. Here is some of the benefits of our delivery model.
- APPSeCONNECT is completely subscription based, you can subscribe and unsubscribe any time.
- We don’t want our customer to bear huge initial cost for installing our application and payment of license. You can start with a nominal cost and pay only a nominal subscription amount once a month.
- We don’t want APPSeCONNECT to give poor performance to any of our customers, hence we guarantee 99.9% uptime of our servers.
- We guarantee that all your configurations are safe in cloud even if you are unsubscribed from subscription. So our users can quit and rejoin almost instantaneously.
- We give painless upgrades to our solution and upgrades to newer version is just a single click deployment.
- We are providing multi-tenant architecture without compromising data – security such that data of one client is completely isolated from another.
- We provide open APIs, which can be used to integrate APPSeCONNECT to any other applications you might think about it.
Benefits of SaaS is immense, and as a Customer I personally always wanted to have such kind of software service because it gives hassle free experience on a software.