Company: Michael Miller Fabrics
Headquarters: New York, USA
About the Company:
Michael Miller Fabrics was started in the spring of 1999 by Michael Steiner and Kathy Miller to showcase their abilities in the fabrication industry.
This startup, like any other startup saw many ups and downs in the first year. They struggled with limited funding options, but kept going just based on sheer courage and wisdom and became one of the renowned names in the Fabrics Industry across USA.
Michael Miller Fabrics, which once had its Design Studio and Production & Sales department in the Kitchen and Dining room of Michael’s apartment, has expanded its operations and grown into a leading supplier of fabrics in a vast number of stores across 51 states. They are a highly dedicated and enthusiastic team which is closely monitoring the quality if their product-line and to better cater to the needs of their customers.
Michael Miller fabrics has increased their efficiency and productivity by integrating their Magento Enterprise Store and their SAP Business One ERP – with the help of APPSeCONNECT.
- Connecting Magento Enterprise Store with SAP Business One ERP system; establish automatic data synchronization for Customers, Items, Orders, Inventory, Delivery and Invoice.
- Support B2B and B2C Business Scenarios in Integration Processes.
- Picking Up ordered stock data from Purchase Process and show ‘Next Stock Replenishment Date’ for high volume orders.
- Real Time Data Sync for certain critical areas such as Stock Update, Shipment Update, etc.
Key Challenges of the Project:
- Simulation of Company -> Contact Person structure of SAP Business One in Magento. Each Contact Person will have access to the B2B Portal, they can place orders, but the orders will be placed against the Company Name and synced back to SAP B1 as Sales Order against the Company Name.
- For B2C the Sales Order will sync from Magento to SAP B1; and for B2B the Orders will sync from SAP B1 to Magento. Orders can be edited in both platforms and that editing will be updated in the other platform. As Order Editing is restricted in Magento, so MMF used an Order Edit Plugin for this and APPSeCONNECT completed the Order Editing Cycle through this way.
- SAP B1 is used as the primary repository for Items and APPSeCONNECT gives ability to sync ERP items to Magento as Simple, Configurable, Bundled, Grouped Products.
- Real-time stock update from SAP Business One to Magento to eliminate the scenario of ‘Out Of Stock’ to be shown to end customer.
- Get the expected delivery date from Purchase Cycle and show that as ‘Next Replenishment Date’ in Magento against particular item. In this way even for high quantity volume orders Magento can show the ideal data instead of ‘Out of Stock’ or ‘Low Stock Level’.
- Support and sync Item Group Specific Pricing, Company Specific Pricing and many other pricing and discount option in Magento which are available in SAP Business One.
- Mapping of business processes between offline and online system through proper business logic.
- Ability to get/post data from Sales, Inventory Management, Accounting and Purchase Cycle of SAP Business One to complete complex sync processes.
- Balancing the performance based on volume of data sync in each sync process, Stock and Shipment Update configured to be happened in real-time while execute other processes on small time intervals. This ensure an Even Load in the SAP Server and Network.
- Scalability of the software to support their business growth.
- Increase the productivity and effectiveness of back office team by removing them to manually manage the ECommerce for Stock Update, Shipment Update, Order Processing Updates, Pricing Updates, adding new Products, managing special discounts on certain products during high shopping seasons etc.
- Supporting the data sync based on their nature of business operation, such as order-editing.
- Additional time for MMF to focus on order processing, production and purchase planning in an effective way.
- Supporting their business growth by providing option to adjust the sync performance as per the need.
“We’ve had the pleasure of working with the InSync team for about 4 years now and couldn’t be more satisfied with their friendly staff and the level of service they provide. They are efficient, professional, and consistently demonstrate their level of knowledge of the APPSeCONNECT product and how it relates to our SAP and Maagento Enterprise platforms.
Our SAP platform is highly customized and initially we had several concerns pertaining to the migration of APPSeCONNECT. The InSync team worked with us to roll back our concerns and handled our migration and upgrades effortlessly and seamlessly.
They have a highly committed and talented staff so we’ve always reached out to the InSync team when faced with various technical issues because we value their opinions and always look to them first for guidance in providing solutions.
We’re very happy with their response turnaround which leads to less down time for our customers. We are confident that we made the best decision in hiring InSync.”
Michael Miller Fabrics, USA