Prestashop 1.7.1 Released: 7 Things you need to Know
Just after a few months of introducing Prestashop 1.7, the eCommerce platform has released it’s latest version PrestaShop 1.7.1 .Prestashop has continuously evolved with improvements and enhancements for better user interface. So, here are the 7 things you should know about in the latest Prestashop version 1.7.1:
1. Easy Mobile Navigation:
The mobile navigation in this version has been improved. It is now more user friendly. Now it has a unified design and is much more responsive!
2. “Upgrade All” feature for modules:
As previously seen in version 1.6, the latest version has “Upgrade All” button. Tabs from modules are now installed automatically. The new notification counter is also introduced.
3. New hooks introduced:
Lets have a look at all the hooks in Prestashop 1.7.1 version:
A couple of hooks were modified between 1.7.0.x and 1.7.1.x.
- actionDeleteProductInCartAfter has been divided into two hooks:
- displayProductButtons has been renamed into displayProductAdditionalInfo.
4. Translators improved:
- Translation files are updated everyday to make it easy for merchants.
- Strings are now stored in the database, taken from Crowdin.
- The country names are now translated in any language automatically.
- The Translation page in the back office has seen a design update to improve integration and navigation.
5. New native modules, including one for PayPal:
Now with the PayPal’s complete payments platform you can easily grow your business.
- The clients can pay with a selection of local and international debit and credit cards and with their PayPal Wallet.
- The PayPal customers can also buy from you quickly if they use One Touch™.
- The payments can be easily managed.
6. One-click upgrade from version 1.6 to 1.7.1
- One can now easily upgrade from 1.6 version to 1.7.1.
- All product information and data will be imported without much of trouble.
- All warnings will be given to you when upgrading to the new version.
Also, remember that 1.7.1 does not currently have the Stock Management attribute. This attribute will be provided in the version 1.7.2 (expected to release in June).
7. Enhancements to the starter theme
Another important feature in this new version is that a lot of improvements and enhancements are made to the starter theme. Anybody with only HTML and CSS skills can create a really cool PrestaShop theme from scratch in a few days.
So, now that you have understood what’s there in the latest version of Prestashop, you can start working with it. Download Prestashop 1.7.1 now!