ShipWorks Version 5: Advanced Label Processing & Order Import
ShipWorks simplies your shipping process. It is the leading enterprise shipping software for the warehouses. It recently launched Version 5 of its software. The version 5 provides faster multi-carrier shipping label processing and improved order import feature.
With nearly 160% rise in the order processing and expanded capability to print up to 1,00,000 shipping labels from multiple carriers on a single print order, ShipWorks Version 5 provides fulfillment centers and warehouses the ability to further streamline their order fulfillment funnel.
Now the company’s focus is on enterprise-level shipping process. ShipWorks has extended its order import capacity to connect to practically any inventory database source including Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Order Management Systems (OMS), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and ODBC connections.
Once orders are imported into ShipWorks, clients can compare prices across multiple shipping carriers including UPS, FedEx, the U.S. Postal Service, DHL as well as many regional shipping in the U.S. and Canada. Automation can also be applied such as adding parcel insurance for orders over a specific value, holding orders for address validation or routing tasks to specific workstations or destinations.
After the printing and shipping of label, ShipWorks will communicate parcel tracking information directly back to the customer’s database source. “Fast and efficient order processing is central to everything we do at ShipWorks,” said ShipWorks Co-Founder and General Manager Wes Clayton. “Version 5’s faster order processing will help warehouses and fulfillment centers keep up with demand and increase output as retail e-commerce sales continue to grow at unprecedented levels.”
Here is how you can upgrade your Shipworks Software:
- Log onto ShipWorks on your ShipWorks server computer. When a new version is available, you will see a banner notification in your ShipWorks software below the ribbon bar. This banner provides a link to download the latest version. Click here: Download now
- Click the DOWNLOAD link to download the latest ShipWorks installation file.
- When the download is complete, navigate to your computer’s Downloads folder and open the new ShipWorks file to begin installation.
- If prompted, allow ShipWorks to run. The ShipWorks Setup Wizard screen will appear. Now click Next to start the upgrade.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process and connect the upgraded version to your ShipWorks database. If prompted you can choose to create a ShipWorks database backup.
- Repeat all the steps 1-5 in all the computers where you have installed Shipworks.