As we step into a very bright looking 2018, let’s take some time to review what can be called as a very impressive last year for the entire NetSuite fraternity. 2017 was the first full year for NetSuite following its acquisition by Oracle, and no doubt NetSuite stuck to what they said, “Next Starts Now”. The two releases – in February 2017 and in September 2017, saw some new features for the Suite Cloud Platform, Retailers, Manufacturers, Service companies, Non-Profit Organizations, Wholesale Distributors etc. They include:
- Introduction of Newest product – Suite People is all set to give businesses the total control over the entire Human Resources process.
- NetSuite enhanced their two-factor authentication (2FA) for improved security last year; they have also Improved developer tools to handle large datasets. Introduction of new file streaming API enables developers to read, write, and append files in memory greater than files size of 10 MB, and the limit custom lists is increased to 25,000 values.
- The introduction of new Suite Cloud Processors is expected to maximize throughput and minimize wait times. These processors are also expected to prioritize batch processes without manual intervention leading to almost 17% higher utilization and greatly reducing average wait times for scheduled script processing.
- The advanced saved search results have helped Advanced Printing which has started to help printing of Custom Transactions and Journal entries from the core while allowing for PDF/HTML template customization.
- Great news for retail Business, the New Item Location Configuration improves processing performance, ease-of-use for viewing, creating and maintaining inventory items and location.
- All new improvised revenue recognition capabilities streamline revenue recognition for projects while offering better control and efficiency in supporting more common revenue models.
- NetSuite bagged a few awards as well this year including UK Cloud Awards 2017 and CardRates. com’s Editor’s Choice Award for ERP Product of the year, besides NetSuite was listed as the winners for 2017 CRM Watch list.
- Oracle NetSuite Social Impact Group has contributed tremendously to the “Rise against Hunger Awareness”
SuiteWorld 17: Las Vegas
The Oracle deal was not the only big event in 2017, the annual SuiteWorld event moved from San Jose to Las Vegas last year after 6 years. The huge NetSuite conference featured keynotes from NetSuite’s entire pre-merger leadership team, including CEO Zach Nelson, Chairman and founder Evan Goldberg, President/COO Jim McGeever and Executive Vice President of Strategy and Corporate Development Jason Maynard and off course the presence of Oracle’s CEO Mark Hurd and his speech confirmed Oracle acquisition can only mean a push on the Gas Pedal.
NetSuite Forum Germany: Heidelberg,
This year a Suite Forum was held to discuss Customer NetSuite Experiences and diverse NetSuite features.
Oracle Open World 2017: San Francisco
The highlight of the event was the keynote speech from Oracle CTO and Executive Chairman Larry Ellison. Where he spoke about the next generation of Oracle advancements across SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS, including Oracle Autonomous Database—the world’s first “self-driving” database.
Suite Connect 2017
This event turned out to be a great place to network with the peers as well as with NetSuite and Oracle executives and the cherry on the top came with a performance from “Royal Machines”.
It looks like NetSuite is all set to “Ready, Set, Grow”
Now, you can easily integrate your NetSuite ERP with Ecommerce store and automate the business process!
You may also like:
NetSuite and Magento Integration
20 Ways ERP is Going to Evolve in 2018
Ecommerce – ERP Integration : 5 Challenges to Overcome