Bigcommerce allows cart-level discounts depending on certain criteria of customer’s shopping cart like if the customer is first–time buyer, met a certain order amount or if he/she has selected a particular brand.
Types of Cart-Level Discounts:
- Free Shipping Discount
- If a customer purchase “x” units of product “Y”, he gets free shipping to specific shipping zones.
- On an order of X USD, get free shipping to specific shipping zones.
- Product Discount
- If a customer buys one item he gets another similar item free.
- If a customer buys one item he gets some other item free.
- If a customer buys “X” units of Product A, he gets “Y” units of product B.
- Order discounts
- If a customer applies certain amount or % discount to the order subtotal, on orders of X USD or more
- If a customer applies certain amount or % discount to the order subtotal, based on the order value
- A tiered discount can be applied to the products based on the quantity of items ordered within one or more categories.
- It can be like order at least X USD, get one unit of Product Y for some amount or % off.
- Or, Order at least X USD, get Y% off (one or all) unit(s) of the (least or most) expensive item(s) in the cart (e.g. Order at least $100, get 20% off the least expensive item in the cart).
- Category Discounts
- In this category, you get amount or % off all items in one or more category.
- If a customer buys “x” Units in category A, he gets Y additional units’ in the same category free.
- Customer Discounts
- “X” USD or x% of discount for repeat customers (only for those who have registered accounts)
- Brand discounts
- Sellers can apply certain amount of discounts or % discount to each item in one or more brands (can exclude certain brands).
Cart-level discounts creations:
- Click on Create a discount rule.
- Enter a Rule Name – This is for seller’s own record.
- Select a Rule type – This is to mention which category does your discount rule will be applicable. You can also mention discount on products with options/SKUs
- Select All customers or group of customers – this will specify which group of customer can avail the discount rule.
- Choose the rule’s Duration -this to specify a start and end date and time for your discount to run.
- Limit the discount usage to a certain number of customers. Make this discount rule inactive after X uses — refers to total uses, not uses per customer.
- Hit this to make your discount rule work.
You may also like:
How to Sell on Amazon with BigCommerce to Grow your Business
Google Introduced Google Shopping App for Bigcommerce
BigCommerce made Facebook Advertisement simple and more effective
How to Set Up Google Analytics of your Bigcommerce store